Monday, January 19, 2015

I am a lactavist

I am a lactavist.
A proud nursing mother.

I feel so blessed to be able to nurse my son. There are a lot of women out in this world who struggle to breastfeed and deal with many different emotions over their struggle. There are those women who push breastfeeding, "Breast is best!"  and then there are those women who make the moms who use formula feel bad.

I can't stand those women.

I am a lactavist. I will help a mom who struggles, I will offer support, but I will not shame her is she decides on formula. Why? Because as long as the mom is feeding baby something healthy, it really shouldn't matter.

It is time to stop these mommy wars on breastfeeding or formula feeding, and time to stand together as moms and support each other.

 Ciao,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...