Saturday, August 3, 2013

Undie's Run

Hello all,

So, as many of you know I have NF. I have talked about it a few times, but now that I'm expecting...I'm wondering how will it affect me and the baby. So, I'm off to do some more research.

I did have a surprise when I logged into Facebook the other day. This was my little sister's status:
"Each year 7,000 children are born with Neurofibromatosis (NF) a disease that causes tumors to grow on the nervous system. NF can cause blindness, deafness, learning disabilities, and severe chronic pain. Currently there is no cure for NF and very few options for treatment. Children’s Tumor Foundation is a non-profit medical foundation which has been fighting to end Neurofibromatosis for the last 30 years. My family is personally affected with NF, for this reason along with many others; Children’s Tumor Foundation is the charity which I have chosen to support this year. In an effort to help end this disease I will be running in Cupid’s Undie Run and I ask many of you to do the same. Cupid’s Undie Run raises not only awareness of this illness but money to help support the research as well. If those affected can be so brave to live with the cards they’ve been dealt, then the least we can do is to put on our underwear and go for a run in the dead of winter to help raise awareness and support. If this sounds like something you are interested in there are 17 locations Nationwide. I will be running in Minneapolis this winter and anyone who wants to join me can! For me information either ask me or click on the link below. ‪#‎endnf‬‪#‎imwithcupid‬"

Cupid's Undie Run is back in 2014.. with a whole bunch of new cities! Check it out, and make sure to pre-register: www.cupidsundierun.com #imwithcupid #endnf



Photo: Cupid's Undie Run is back in 2014.. with a whole bunch of new cities!  Check it out, and make sure to pre-register:  www.cupidsundierun.com    #imwithcupid  #endnf
 
If there was a love button, I would love this.  I think it is important to be able to raise money for NF. I also think it is important to raise money for a cause that you love. I know that my husband is going to run with her since I will not be able to. I encourage all of you to help raise money for one of your causes, and if you don't have a cause....join mine.

Ciao,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...