Friday, February 22, 2013

Waiting for summer

As promised, I would post a picture of my plants when they have started to seed. Well, this past week has been an exciting one. I have had quite a few of my plants start to sprout little seedlings.  Not all of my plants have sprouted, which worried me, until I did some more research and found out that it looks different plants take different amounts of time to sprout. Kinda like how everyone goes through their growth spurts at different times.

Of the herbs I planted only a few them haven't sprouted yet. Those that I'm still waiting on are my parsley, oregano, cilantro,mint and dill. All the others have little seedlings, even my chamomile ( The seedling is super small, but it is there)


My flowers have also sprouted- the peace lily I brought seems to be going strong and I hope that when the flowers are in bloom they will look great in the painted containers I have. 



The vegetables I'm working are also a slow progress. The garlic and onions are doing great! The peppers haven't seeded and I have restarted with my avocado plant. This time I really want it to work.


And last a picture of the flowers that my husband gave me on Valentines day. It's been a week and they are still going strong. 

My Beautiful Daisies 


The end table (This one is is right by the door- the pot my sister made holds our keys.)

 I am super excited for the plants to keep growing and to be able to use my plants this summer.  Imagine eating fresh onions, using fresh garlic and herbs, and taking a bite into a fresh pepper.  I cannot wait. Which makes me feel very lucky. I am very blessed to be able to try and grow a bunch of new plants and just learn how to garden. 

Ciao,


2 Corinthians 9:6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...