Sunday, February 10, 2013

Knitted mittens

This winter I have been working on making mittens for both me and my husband. Below are the final as I like to call them Hobo mittens since the top can be flopped over to use be able to use the fingers.

With my husbands mittens I did a the two most basic stitches- knitting and purling. I started by  knitting and purling, then I went to basic knitting in the row. I measured my husband's hands and knitted to the length I needed before I casted off and made the top flap and the thumb. For his mittens I added a dash of color with the green button to keep the flap down.


My mittens were a bit more complicated. I made some small cables and other designs in them, as well as making sure to use the basic knit and purl on them. I also added a lining from an old t-shirt for some extra warmth. 


Lastly, a I finally I have picture up for my baby blanket design I made back in October. 


Just click the picture and it will take you to the blog post. 

Ciao


Psalm 139: 13 "You formed my inmost being;
 you knit me in my mother's womb"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...