Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Muffins

For those of you who don't know, I love to cook and bake. One thing I know I make pretty well (if I'm allowed to brag) are Muffins and Cupcakes. I do really well with the muffins that have fruit inside. So, I figured I would share some of my tips I guess. 
1. When making muffins with fruit-if they are berries (strawberries, blueberries and such) I usually take 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and sprinkle it over the berries. 
2. If making banana's I tend to use the ones that look all brown and ucky- they seem to have the best flavor for baking.
3. When I take them out of the oven, I let them sit in the pan for a few minutes. I then remove them from a pan and set them on racks but I cover them with a clothe for like 2 minutes
Now for cupcakes:
1. You can make them taste better if you substitute apple sauce for butter- they are also much healthier. 
2. If you want fluffy ones- I like to mix half butter and half Crisco (it's not as healthy, but makes them very fluffy)
3. Shift the flour more than once.
4. For frosting, not only does your materials need to be cold- but your cupcakes should be cold too. I always put my cupcakes or cakes in the freezer for 5 to 10 minute before I frost. 


Well, that's all I have for tonight. 
Caio


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...