Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cookies

Today I made Chocolate Chip cookies.  I decided to use the following recipe. It is one that I have seen my mother use for a long time. Not having the recipe she uses, I have been experimenting and trying to get as close as I can to what she makes.   Below is what I have found today.  The cookies are quiet tasty.

(since my camera is broken, I found this picture on Google)

Soft and Chewy Chocolate chip cookies

Ingredients:
1 ¼ cup white sugar                                        1 ¼ cups firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cups unsalted butter                                 3/4 Cups of  Crisco
2 teaspoons vanilla                                          3 eggs
4 cups flour                                                         ½ cup oatmeal
2 teaspoons baking soda                              ½ teaspoon salt
2 packages of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

  •  Heat Oven to 375
  • In large bowl beat sugar, brown sugar, Crisco and butter until light and fluffy
  • Add vanilla and eggs, blend well.
  • Slowly add flour baking soda and salt
  • Stir in chips
  •  Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  •   Bake for 8-10 mins
  •   Makes about 6 dozen cookies. 

   Tips:
     1. I found that making sure the butter is so soft, it is almost melted works very well on making the cookies soft and fluffy. 
    2. I have also found that keeping the Crisco cold is important in keeping the shape.
     3. Oatmeal really works well in chocolate chip cookies, you can't really taste it, but it is there holding the shape. 
   4. You want to make sure that there is enough chocolate chips in the recipe so that you get chocolate in every bite. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...