Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What's for dinner

Today I used my crockpot and made homemade Macorini and Cheese.
Yum, right? Well, the recipe that I found online goes as follows:
2 cups of Skim Milk
1(12oz) can of Evaporated milk
1 1/2 Cups of Cheddar Cheese
Salt
Pepper
1 egg 
2 cups of uncooked Elbow Macaroni
I was suppose to whisk everything but the cheddar and Mac together, pour it into the crock-pot- then add the cheese, and pasta, stir and keep on low for 3 to 4 hours. Very easy to make.

The taste...well, this Mac and Cheese was missing something. So, now it is time to play. I think I might try to make this again and again until I find the perfect way to make crock-pot Mac and Cheese. 
Some ideas that I currently have are:
  • Add butter- I know that butter isn't supper healthy, but I feel it would taste a bit more flavorful. .
  • Less milk- it was very milky, not what I like. 
  • Seasonings- I did use some garlic and parsley, which helped a bit, but I would defiantly season this. 
  • Different types of cheese: Maybe use Cheddar, Colby, and Mozzarella? 
I don't really know, but I do want to try this again and change some things up. I really hope that this works out. If it does, the official recipe will be posted. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...