Friday, August 17, 2012

Let's talk Fridays

What to talk about today.....
What I really want to discuss, I feel I cannot. For I feel that my voice would be silenced if I set my own opinions out for the world to see. So instead, to avoid any issues, I will keep with my silence.
So instead I will talk about something else that bugs me.
Puppy Mills.
The above image is  one I found off the internet. It is suppose to represent what a Puppy Mill Looks like. The definition of a puppy mill is as follows a commercial farming operation in which purebred dogs are raised in large numbers.  Often times people go there for puppies.THe puppies are cheap. But the puppies are not taken care of well. Take the examples below


This is my dog Winsotn right after I got him from the humane society. It's the best picture I could get(my camer broke shortly after) but look at how thin he is. Pretty thin for a dog. 
Look at this puppy. He is thinner than my already thin dog. Look at how sad he looks. 

Most of these puppies, are puppies one would see in a pet store. A perfect place to get a dog right? What happens to the moms of these puppies? Well, look below.




All of these pictures are very sad. Which is why, for me, it is a goal of mine to get rid of puppy mills. So for today's let's talk...I want to know YOUR thoughts on puppy mills. 

I say, get a dog from a breeder, or rescue one from a shelter. Because dogs are lovable, adorable and well just plain cute. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...