- 1&1/2 Cups of flour
- 2/3 C of sugar
- 3 small bananas (or 2 big ones)
- 1 &1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 &1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C of softened butter
- 1/4 C of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 Cup of Chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup of sliced almonds
- Glaze (see below)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mash bananas
2. Cream Butter and sugar together. Add banana, extracts, lemon juice, egg and milk. Cream that together.
3. Add all the dry ingredients, chocolate chips and almonds. Mix until blended. (a few lumps are okay)
4. Pour into a 9 in circular cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes When done take out of the oven and cool. Add glaze when completely cooled.
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 teaspoon of melted butter
Mix all the ingredients together until think and sugar is dissolved pour on top of cake. Cover with sliced almonds. Enjoy.
- When cooling cake set in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When setting glaze on cake, pour it evenly all over cake
- Can use raisins instead of chocolate chips.
- When done, keep cake in fridge.
Well readers. I provided something I'm thankful for (my love of baking) and a recipe. Come back tomorrow for more.