Friday, November 9, 2012

Almond banana cake

It's fall and the time to be thankful With so many things I have to give thanks for, one of them is my passions. Today I'm going to talk about how I'm thankful to have interests and passions and I'm sharing a recipe.  After making banana bread with my kiddos at work, I was craving something for home. Since I already had left over banana bread, and left over bananas, I was thinking I could make something with the bananas. Searching through my baking supplies, I found a bunch of almonds(Yum) and then decided to have a relaxing Friday and bake a cake.


Almond Banana Cake:




  • 1&1/2 Cups of flour
  • 2/3 C of sugar
  • 3 small bananas (or 2 big ones)
  • 1 &1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 &1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 C of softened butter
  • 1/4 C of milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/2 Cup of Chocolate chips
  • 1/2 Cup of sliced almonds
  • Glaze (see below)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mash bananas
2. Cream Butter and sugar together. Add banana, extracts, lemon juice, egg and milk. Cream that together.
3. Add all the dry ingredients, chocolate chips and almonds. Mix until blended. (a few lumps are okay)
4. Pour into a 9 in circular cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes  When done take out of the oven and cool. Add glaze when completely cooled.

Almond glaze
  • 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
  • 1 teaspoon of melted butter


Mix all the ingredients together until think and sugar is dissolved  pour on top of cake. Cover with sliced almonds. Enjoy. 

Tips
  • When cooling cake set in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. 
  • When setting glaze on cake, pour it evenly all over cake
  • Can use raisins instead of chocolate chips. 
  • When done, keep cake in fridge. 

Well readers. I provided something I'm thankful for (my love of baking) and a recipe. Come back tomorrow for more. 
Ciao,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...