Saturday, March 16, 2013

Dinner meals

I have some more frozen meals. I know in fall I was all about the cranberries. They are super yummy. Now, I'm all about sweet onions and experimenting with Greek yogurt.




So to start a recipe:
 I call this chicken and veggies

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup of chopped Broccoli
  • 1/3 cup of chopped sweet onions + 1/8 cup chopped super fine for later
  • 1/4 cup carrots
  • 1/4 cup yellow peppers chopped
  • 1 whole tomato sliced and diced
  • 1 tsp of homemade ranch mix (I found a good one on Pinterest)
  • 1 tsp of minced garlic
  • 1 tsp of celery salt
  • Homemade sauce (see recipe below)
  • 1 to 2 chicken breast cubed. 
Add everything to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until done. 

Homemade sauce:
 For this I experimented and I didn't use exact measurements. In the process, I did end up messing up and had to fix it. But here is what I used and did below.

I caramelized the extra onions, and then added butter, chicken broth, flour and yogurt all to the fryer. I stirred and whisked it all together until it came a sauce. 

Other ones I made included:

Chicken and peppers:




  • 1/2 of a big red pepper
  • 1/2 of a big green pepper
  • 1/4 cup of onions
  • 2 chicken breast cubed
  • 1 potato cubed (I only had one and needed to use it up)
  • A dash of salt and pepper
  • 1 tsp of red wine vinegar. 
Add 1 cup of chicken broth and cook on low 4-6 hours. 


Rice soup/stew


  • 1/8 cup of red pepper
  • 1/8 cup of green peppers
  • 1/4 cup of sweet onions
  • 1/2 cup of celery
  • 1/4 cup of broccoli
  • 1/2 cup of carrots
  • 1/4 cup of tomato sliced
Add one cup of rice and 2 cups of chicken broth. Cook on low for 4 hours or until done and soupy like. 



So, those are just a few more frozen  meals I've made. What do you like to do when you cook?When making these, sometimes I like to put on music and sing along. I just make sure to try not to dance so I don't end-up cutting off a finger. Trust me, from experience  cutting off part of your finger really hurts. Of course when they can't reattach the skin you lost, you end up with a nice scar.

Ciao,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...