Friday, March 22, 2013

Liebster Award


I was nominated for the Liebster award by the wonderful Heather Ann @ Every girl like me. I am extremely honored to have been nominated and I can not tell how wonderful it feels.  It's great to have been given this award. :)

To those of you who don't know what the Liebster award is, look no further. It is given to up and coming bloggers who have under 200 followers, in order to create new connections and bring attention to growing their blogs. (Fun right!) And for those who know German, I do believe that Liebster means dearest, beloved, or favorite. 
The rules are simple:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Write 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 blogs with 200 or less flowers. Notify them. ( You cannot nominate the person who nominated you)
5. Create 11 questions for those bloggers you've nominated to answer. 

Are you ready for my facts :)


1.  I was born in New York and am an avid New York Yankee Fan. Opening day...right after Easter and against the Red Socks.
2. I love learning about other cultures and their history. Along with that comes...
3. I really hope to be able to be tri-lingual if not multi-lingual (English, Spanish, Italian and American Sign Langauge)
4.  I've had bangs since I've been in high school.  They are wispy, fall to the side and work great with my face.
5. I just created my first twitter account. (I know, I Need  to get caught up to the times)
6. I am trying to grow a lemon tree ( really hope it works)
7. My goal is to knit a blanket and socks
8. I love Disney movies. I can sing all the songs. I also love musicals.
9. I used to be a vegetarian, until I met my husband. ( My brother called me and said I lied right here. He said I did eat meat before I met Jeff, so I'm editing it to...I was kinda a vegetarian and ate chicken Sometimes but not all the time )
10.I can not keep nail polish on my nails, although I would love to have a real manicure with out those plastic nails. I want to use my real nails. 
11.  I'm under 5 feet, which makes me a legal midget. 



(Side note- as I'm writing this, Winston has decided to sit on me- so please let me know any typos I may have missed)


Heather Ann's Questions. 

1. If you could only shop at one store, where would it be? I would have to say Maurices. They have pants, for my short size, and shirts that are nice and long (which I love)
2. If you could swap lives with someone for a week, who would it be? I really don't know. I think it could be fun to be famous, but then I think about the fact that all the press would be following me and I don't want that. Hmmm, maybe I would swap with my BFF and go to school in Louisiana
3. What is your biggest fear/phobia? Spiders and losing all my loved ones. 
4. Name one thing on your bucket list and why it is important to you? One thing I really want to do is go to Southern Italy. It's where my family is from and I want to see where I came from. I think it's important to know my roots. 
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? In 5 years I hope to be raising a family and living on a Military base.I would like to be a Stay-at-Home Mom until all my kids are in school. In 10 years I hope to be teaching, whether it's on base or not, still raising my family(but all the kids will be in school), and raising money for NF.
6. Who is your biggest role model? My mom
7. What is your favorite TV show/Movie? Grey's Anatomy/ Disney movies.
8. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be? Energetic, Empathetic and Quirky
9. What is your favorite childhood memory? Christmas Eve- we would have a picnic underneath the Christmas tree. It was a time where I felt close to my brothers and sisters.  
10. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would it be? I would say Italy again. or Ireland. Somewhere in Europe would be super nice. 
11. If you could give any advice to new bloggers, what would it be? Do not be afraid to follow other blogs, join link up and comment. Commenting is super helpful. 


Who I nominate...

Kathrine at Newsom's Nest
Mindy at  Ponderings of the Heart
Jeffrey at Journey to a Slimmer Me
Jess At Little Miss Undomestic
Ashlyn at On Cloud 9
Kristen at Making each Minute Count
Katie at Dabbling in Dixie
Mandee at A Day in the Life of Mandee
Jazmine at Sassy Brunette
And
Aasha at Aasha speaks Bahasa

My Questions for all the wonderful bloggers I nominated

1. What is the best travel experience you've had?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What would you tell 18 year old you?
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
5. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be a why?
6. What is your favorite song?
7. What is a meaningful quote to you?
8. What is your favorite desert?
9. What is your dream job?
10. Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
and
11.  If someone could make you your favorite meal,
including an appetizer and desert, what would it be? Who would that person be?

 Okay all you nominees, I can't wait to see what you wrote. I also want to thank all my readers. 

Ciao, 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for nominating, i tried to email you back but you're a "no reply" commenter. :(

I'm following you on twitter & your blog :)
@sassybrunette88

Dani said...

Hmm... I'll see if I can fix that and be a reply commenter. You're very welcome for the nomination. I think it's super fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...