Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Jam!

Tuesday night...
So my upstairs neighbor had extra strawberries from strawberry picking. Yum yum yum! So I decided to make strawberry jam. I washed the berries, mushed them up, boiled them with sugar and lemon juice.  After that I put it in the fridge to become...for lack of a better word Jammy. Well, my patient was running low and I moved it to the freezer. I know if I had put Pectin in my jam, it would be jammy. but I don't relly like how jelly like pectin makes my jam. 
 Right now, my jam looks more like sauce.   :(


Wednesday.
I checked on my Jam after moving it back to the fridge before bed last night and ...It looks like jam! Yay! It tastes really yummy. So for those of you who want to try to make the Jam I did here is my recipe:

  • Take straw berries- wash them, cut off the green part, mush up the strawberries, set aside. 
  • In a sauce pan, put in about 2 cups of sugar for every pound of strawberries you have, and the Juice from one lemon for every pound of strawberries. 
  • I then added the strawberries and boiled it all together.
That's about it. 
Caio


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...