Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pinterest Sunday-Gardens

It's January and it's snowing and freezing rain- which technically is hail, so there is snow and hail outside.Not to mention ice. The sidewalks, roads, trees, grass, everything is covered with ice. ICE! Ugh. Yet, the only thing I can think of are plants. Green leafy plants. Which cleanse the air, and make everything smell fresh and...green.   I created a new board all about gardens. and figure I should post just a few things I want to try. 

use a lemon, orange or a grapefruit to start your seedlings. plant the entire thing in the ground and the peels will compost directly into the soil to nourish the plants as they grow.
Use a lemon, orange or a grapefruit to start your seedlings. plant the entire thing in the ground and the peels will compost directly into the soil to nourish the plants as they grow. I hope this works even if you are just putting it in a container. 

Indoor herb garden

An herb garden inside- that is one thing that I want. In fact I think I may try something like this
hanging herb garden for kitchen
 under a window.

And just becasue one day I will be out of an apartment and have space

Rock garden water feature -calm and alive at the same time

A rock garden and 
The Log House Fairy Home

A fairy house

I can't wait until the sun comes out more. I guess until then, I can keep doing my deep cleanings on week ends and organizing the apartment until I can have it set to help grow plants. 
Ciao, 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...