Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yarn, Yarn, Yarn

I love to make stuff out of yarn.  For many items (scarves and hats) it's all muscle memory. Unless it is a kind of scarf I haven't tried, but would like to, I don't need a pattern.  For other items, ( a Winston sweater and mittens) I usually look at a pattern, follow it once to a tea, and then go from there with making my own. For blankets and other items I look at a pattern and don't follow it too much, but just enough to get the dimension down.  And lastly, there are times where I create my own patterns, such Winston's hat, and my head band.

Which leads me to think- so many people have their own patterns out there in the world floating across the Internet. There are times where I love to get free patterns (I'm not much on paying to something when I only use it once), but then I think of how those patterns that cost money could help the seller economically. Which leads me to think? Can selling a pattern help me?

Right now, I'm unsure but I do know that I would like to try it out. Maybe once I know that enough people are looking at my patterns and using them. But how do I know that? Well, I guess the only way to find out is to share some patterns. So this upcoming February  look for some patterns. Try them out. Let me know if the wording is good, or bad. Tell me how it worked for you. I want to hear the good, the bad, the ugly of my patterns. (And I mean it!)

Until then, now that I know how to make buttons I've been making them like crazy. Here is one to grab all about knitting and yarn.












Ciao,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...