Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sunshine

Today is the 3rd day in a row where there has been a lot of sunshine. So much so, that I'm almost tempted to open the windows and start spring cleaning.  I know, I know, in January I really shouldn't open windows because it's only 30 degrees outside.  But, it's 30 degrees outside. That's huge compared to when it's 3 or -5 with out the windchill. So, with 30 degree weather plus sunshine, I have gotten into spring cleaning mode.  Today I  came up with a list. I know it's not a big list and I know I may be missing a lot of items and places to clean- but it's my list and I'm sharing it with you all. For anything I have missed, please tell me in the comment section. I promise I will add to the list those comments and other items that I have found needs to be cleaned.



The list will go room by room.

All rooms

  •  Sweep the floor.
  • Vacuum.
  • Shampoo the carpet.
  • Wash the windows, baseboards and walls. 
  • Clean all the cobwebs from the ceiling.
  • Make sure all the light bulbs are working and clean off the lap shades.
  • Clean the blinds/curtains.
  • Dust all the shelves
Kitchen
  • Clean all the dishes and put them away. 
  • Clean the sink. 
  • Clean out the fridge- (take all the food out and clean the shelves, then put back the food that you are keeping and throw out the food that has gone bad. Wash the front of the fridge)
  • Clean the stove- (This includes the inside of the oven, the oven drip pans on the burner and the outside/top of the stove)
  • Clean the Microwave
  • Gather all the laundry and wash it (Kitchen towels, dish rags, table clothes and napkins and such)
Bathroom
  • Clean the Mirror
  • Clean the sink
  • Clean the toilet (do not just do the top where you sit- but the whole toilet, including the sides and the back and the floor around it.)
  • Clean the tub/shower- wash the shower door and the shower curtain. 
  • Clean the shower head. 
  • Gather the laundry and wash is (Towels, mats and such)
Living Rooms/family room/TV room
  • Wipe down the TV.
  • Sprinkle the couch with baking soda- wait 15 minutes  and vacuum it off. 
  • wipe down any other electronics and dust all the tables
Bedroom
  • Gather all the laundry (clothes, sheets, bedding) and wash it
  • Dust the top of the dressers
  • Go through dressers and closets- donate what you want
  • When mattress is bare- sprinkle baking soda on it, wait 15 minutes then vacuum, Then put freshly launder linens on mattress. 

Well, there you go a small spring cleaning list. I do hope to adjust this and make it more detailed as it does get closer to spring. 
Ciao,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...