Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pinterest Sunday- homemade food

This week, Jeff and I have been working on eating healthier and cutting back his sodium count. Thinking about how to lower this, I realized that sodium is often found in seasons. Now, we can eat food that is bland and unseasoned, but Jeff and I love  a little bit of spice in our life.

This week, I pinned a bunch of home made seasonings, mixes and condiments to help keep spice in your food but keep all the MSG away. For all these pins and more head to my Cooking board.


Homemade Coffee Creamer better than any product you can buy and best part it is cheaper and better tasting.  Several different recipes from Chocolate, Cappuccino, Strudel, Caramel Vanilla, Chocolate Raspberry, Irish Cream, Coconut, Peppermint Mocha and Cinnamon Vanilla.

Coffee creamer? Jeff doesn't use much creamer in his coffee, I do, but I'm in this diet with him, so why not make my coffee healthier?

Great homemade Salsa:          * 2 cans of diced tomatoes          * 1 little can of diced green chiles          * 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped          * 1 clove of garlic, minced, or   garlic powder          * 3-4 whole green onions (stem included) chopped up          * Couple shakes of red pepper flakes          * 1 tsp of salt        Blend it all together minus the tomatoes, then add the tomatoes and blend a little to mince the tomatoes. Delicious!
Salsa- I did do a variation of this recipe. I love salsa but I much prefer to experiment until i get one that both Jeff and I like.

Homemade ketchup. Did you know that store-bought ketchup is loaded with sodium and sugar? Well, now you can make your own healthier version.

We just ran out of out Ketchup yesterday. So why not make Ketchup this week when we go shopping?

Home made Ranch, Onion Soup, and Taco Seasonings....Love not having to buy the "processed" versions of these things

Seasonings- I made the taco one. It is yummy, buy I like some spice so here are my three additions

1/4 teaspoon of Cilantro
1/8th teaspoon of black peppe
1/8th  teaspoon of  Crushed Red Pepper flakes


 and here is my own creation which I put on Pinterest. The link for the recipe is here
Pomegranate salad dressings- very refreshing and super healthy.

Pomegranate Salad dressing. 

That's it for Pinterest Sunday today. Keep pinning and if you happen to find anything you want to share let me know.
Ciao,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...