Monday, September 17, 2012

Getting ready for fall.

For me, fall is a very fun season. There is a lot going on. The World Series for Baseball, Football as begun, school is back in session, the leaves are changing color, and the weather is getting cooler. It's time for harvest, and giving thanks and all the animals are getting ready for Winter.

To me, it is time to get the apartment ready for Fall and Winter; unpacking the snow boots and hats and mittens, making sure the winter coats will work well, and decorating. This fall, Jeff and I are going to have a nice, little homely apartment. We went out and got a bunch of apples yesterday. I figure we will eat most of them, but I do want to bake some into something this fall. Whether it be a pie or bread, I will be baking some apples.  We got some small pumpkins to decorate the inside of the apartment, as well as the outside. We set them up yesterday, but realized they were a bit too small. So we are going to find something we can set the pumpkins on instead of the ground. We all got mini pumpkins for the inside of the apartment. I think it would be cute to have a fall scene with pumpkins and leaves. That may be some work, but I think it can be done.  Lastly, I made a wreath. I will post a picture along with how I made it later this week.

Beside making the house ready for fall, I think it is important to make your diet ready for fall. In Summer, fresh fruit and veggies are available at all times. Yes, in winter there are some avaliable fruits and veggies, but they are really expensive. What I have decided to do is make use of the crock-pot Jeff and I received as a wedding gift. I will prep meals and freeze them. That way, we can still have all the yummy veggies not available in Winter.

I'm sure there will be other things I will do to get ready for fall, I just haven't thought of them yet. Anyways, Ciao for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"homely" as in unattractive? Or "homely" as in simple but cosy and comfortable and unpretentious? (what a funny word this is... meaning opposites)

Dani said...

I am using homely with the simple and comfortable definition. I'm glad you asked :) English is filled with funny words meaning two different things. For me the name for them,Homophones, is a funny word with-in it's self since it often is confused for Homonym, which pretty much means the same as Homophone. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...