Friday, September 14, 2012

Let's talk Fridays

Today I want to talk about BMIs. Yup, that's right, the Body Mass Index. Is this an accurate way to tell if someone is healty? Should this be the ONLY test that doctors rely on?
I feel no. In one of my health classes while a school, we talked about how BMI's only factor someones height and weight. That's great, if someone is of an average height and weight. But what if someone is super short? or really tall? or muscular? What is someone is curvy? or a stick? Does BMI work then?
Are there other tests that doctors can use along with the BMI to see how healthy someone is? I feel there is. I feel, in order to see if someone is healthy the doctors should look at their body fat percentage as well as the person's life style.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...