Friday, September 28, 2012

Let's talk Fridays

Today I wanted to talk about the NFL ref strike, but now that that is fixed, I guess I can't really talk about it.  So instead I'm going to talk about eating healthy.
How do you eat healthy? Do you watch calories? Fat  intake? Both? Sodium?
Do you eat organic, locally grown food?Do you avoid foods that have a lot of sugar, or have been processed. Do you eat carbs? Meat? What do you do to eat healthy.

Funny Confession Ecard: I'd do anything to lose 10lbs, except eat healthy and work out.


With all these new diets out and about, it is hard to know what is healthy for you and what isn't healthy. For me, I think everything should be fine to eat but moderation is key. I feel, that if one goes out and gets a coffee drink that has over 1,000 calories, then they should watch what they eat for the rest of the day. My husband and I are in the process of eating healthier.

During the times it is available we try to buy as much fresh food as possible. We have cook books, one with recipes under 500 calories and 15 grams of fat, and one with recipes under 300 calories and 20 grams of fat.  I really hope that following those recipes will help. I have also cut our processed sugar (such as soda) and am getting my husband to do the same.  But as I said, I believe in everything in moderation, otherwise you will have a moment like this.

Funny Confession Ecard: Yes, I want a 10 boxes of chocolate delivered to my house and don't forget my favorite beverage....and also a good book.....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Americans typically lack adequate fiber and water in their diet. Both help with digestion and speed up metabolism.

Love,
your favorite future Public Health Educator

Dani said...

Thank you! I did not know that, I love to learn new information about being healthy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...